Product design typically means the process of a highly effective generation and evolution of ideas which leads to the invention of new advanced industrial products. Those who are involved in Can I Patent An Idea conceptualize certain ideas and make them tangible by inventing new products via a systematic approach. Today, there are numerous digital tools which allow these industrial designers to communicate, conceptualize, and then evaluate concepts in a much easier and quicker way. Although product design and industrial design are often used interchangeably, it basically refers to the process that helps attribute an artistic form and function in any craft design when mass production of goods occur.
Steps Involved with Product Design:
* First analyze the issue at hand without thinking about the solutions. Writing down the problem is the best way to get down to designing a solution for this.
* Write down each of the requirements needed for making a product. These may are the list price, the object size, features of the item in question (like whether it needs to be waterproof or whether it needs to have batteries to work, and so on). This list helps the industrial designers to produce new tips for the products.
* Brainstorming session follows where ideas are sketched out and elaborated upon. The drawings may not perfect. These are generally only made to investigate the designs for just about any flaws. The industrial designers at this point connect with their clients to go over ideas and you also may not sign a contract with them for such services rendered.
* When a good idea evolves, you should discuss it in details with the product design team. The industrial designers usually create a three-dimensional design on computers which shows the design in details. At this point, the concept is either accepted or rejected.
* When the concept continues to be finalized, the industrial designers next create three-dimensional types of all component parts, elaborate on design problems, make drawings for assembly of each and every part, and locate suppliers for the purchased components.
* Finally, the item design is exposed to testing where the product may be brought to few clients for feedback or even to a laboratory for professional testing. Ideally, those not an element of the process should have to test the Invention Idea to render an unbiased opinion.
* Ultimately, the style once approved is sent for manufacturing in facilities based on your industrial designers.
Industrial design is actually a combination of applied art and sciences in which the usability of products, ergonomics of utilizing them, along with their aesthetics can be enhanced to boost sales. The industrial designers seek to produce and execute solutions for marketing and brand-development purposes by working on the form and usability of certain products. Once you design a whole new invention, it is really an eureka moment in history because it is possibly the most ingenious and rewarding ways to generate money. Designing inventions mean choosing a niche or discovering a need – coming up with something to create human lives better and qualitatively superior. Product design companies are here for this reason to change something like an abstract notion into a real item for use. This prototype next gets designed through industrial design processes to really make it both durable and logical.
An invention can simply be patented if this doesn’t contain any part of the previously patented technology and meet certain uniqueness standards. To find in case your invention is definitely known or otherwise, prior art search is conducted. The innovator can do prior art explore his/her very own, or hire a professional for this function.
What exactly is prior art search?
Prior art search can be described as collecting details about the technologies linked to the invention. It’s main objective is always to know whether the invention is patentable or otherwise. Types of prior art search include previous patents, filed patents, scientific reports, research papers, textbooks, newspapers, journals, and internet publications. There are numerous inventions that are never utilized in goods and services, and these should also be considered during the patent filing process. On the internet, a large range of tools can be found that can help you conduct an efficient prior art search.
Prior art search can provide details about previous inventions in the field, new services and products, etc. It prevents reinventing the already existing inventions. With this, the R & D department can know the already existing technologies, and concentrate the activities, processes, and tasks to innovate them or research the brand new ones.
Know the current market well before conducting prior art search
The key objective is to obtain the invention patented with broadest possible claims. Prior art search collects existing knowledge in the fields that are part of the invention. But, this may not be enough. One should know the current market and firms which can be already working on the technologies the invention is based, that will help in selecting the right areas for R & D.
Patent filing is actually a broad process, and a little wrong move can convert into a big mistake. Thus, from Ideas Inventions, each step should be put wisely. Before going for prior art search, you should know the markets by which ubqxzy invention can bring revolution in, current market trends to concentrate on, activities of competitors, etc. All these details can be obtained through market research. Thus, it is strongly recommended to conduct a market research first to know the technologies trending on the market.